Purpose of this blog

Personal missionary work as a coordinator for the college students who graduated from Institution Univers in Ouanaminthe, HAITI.

I act as a liaison for those currently in college and their sponsors, until the students have all graduated, whether in USA, Haiti or the Dominican Republic.
As well, I encourage those who have graduated from college but have not yet returned to Haiti, to return to fulfill the purpose of their education, for themselves, their families, their country and most importantly, for God.

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Jennie's Journey


JENNIES JOURNEY
FROM HAITI TO THE USA FOR WATER QUALITY MANAGEMENT
During Sunday School they always talked about helping others who are in need. The cholera epidemic, which killed a lot of people from water contamination, affected my choice of studying water quality management. I knew that it would help others. My school in Haiti, Institution Univers, put me in a program to come to the USA for a college education. Many people in America helped me have a scholarship for my associates degree in Water Quality Management from Red Rocks Community College (RRCC) in Lakewood, Colorado. After I finish my studies, my plan is to go back to Haiti and work with Institution Univers for as many years as I am in the US. Then, I hope to create my own business around water quality management and start helping people. I hope that I will change their lives by providing them clean and safe water to drink.
Why Im in the USA
GETTING INVOLVED
I HAVE A 3.5 GPA & AM ...
  • President of Red Rocks Global Mentors Club
  • Vice President of the International Club
  • Secretary of the Red Rocks Global Mentors
I completed my second year in the United States! I finished one year of English as a Second Language and now my first year of the Water Quality Management associate program. The college now offers a bachelor degree in this program and I hope to extend my stay to complete the bachelors degree. During the school year I worked in the cafeteria to earn my spending money. In Haiti this summer I will teach a class on water at IU.

On my Spring break I went to my home in Ouanaminthe, Haiti with the Christ in the Caribbean mission team. I translated for the team and taught the Haitians that received the 600 water filters how to use them. These water filters will save 700 people from dying from water contamination over 10 years.

In January 2018 one of my sponsors, Venice Presbyterian Church in Florida, invited me to visit their church and share how their scholarship money is helping me on my journey. My hosts took me to see my first alligator!
Sharing My Story
I was also invited to speak for a Rotary Club and a fundraiser for my scholarship in Colorado.
Experiencing America
Thank you to everyone who has given me scholarship money, helped with my clothes , prayed for me and made my trips possible to see the beautiful United States! God bless you!

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

If you would like to donate to Jennie's education, please send a check with a note attached to the check indicating that the donation is for "GAEL JENNIE FLEURANT - College Scholarship at RRCC". 
**Please do not write her name on the check, otherwise it will void the tax deductibility for you.**
Check is to be payable to COCINA, then send the check to:
COCINA, P.O. Box 12695, Columbus, OH  43212. 
Let's get Jennie a bachelor's degree, so she can return to Ouanaminthe to begin helping her community!

Thank you and Love,
Marylee



No comments:

Post a Comment